Tips For Selecting a Pest Management Professional
Whether you choose Bug Zero as your pest extermination company or not, it is imperative to know what to look for when selecting a pest management/removal company. Bug Zero offers pest control and removal services in Missouri, Kansas, and Arkansas.
- Always deal with a qualified and licensed pest management company that is a member of national, state or local pest management associations.
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend pest control companies they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the service.
- Be wary of the operator who comes to your home uninvited and offers to give your house a free inspection for pests. He or she may try to scare you into authorizing immediate and costly treatments.
- If a sizable amount of money is involved, get bids from several pest management firms.
- Don’t rush a decision. Since you are paying for professional knowledge as well as skillful application of pesticides, look for someone whose judgment you can trust.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the nature of the pest to be exterminated, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- Find out if the pest control company has liability insurance to cover any damages to your house or furnishings during treatment.
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing control, protection and management are necessary.
- Buy value, not price. Beware of bargains that sound too good to be true.
- A federal law requires commercial applicators of “restricted use” pest control products to be certified. The certification program is left up to the state. Homeowners can call the certifying state agencies for information.